How To Care For Your Silver Jewelry, So It Lasts A Lifetime?
Silver is a beautiful, versatile metal that can be used to create a variety of different jewelry pieces. However, it is also a relatively soft metal, which can scratch and tarnish easily. To keep your ornaments looking their best, it’s important to take proper care of them.
With a little care and attention, you can keep your valuables in pristine condition for many years. This article will give tips on caring for your ornaments, so it lasts a lifetime.
Silver Is A World Unto Itself
There are few materials as alluring as this metal. The way light dances off of its surface is spellbinding, and it has a certain heft that other metals lack. It is also the perfect material as an alternative to gold. It’s much more affordable than gold, but it still has a luxurious feel.
Because it is such a popular material for jewelry, there is a huge market for it.
You can find ornaments in just about any style, from dainty and delicate to bold and statement-making. No matter your style, there’s an ornament piece out there that’s perfect for you.
And one of the best things about silver valuables is that it’s relatively easy to take care of. With a few simple tips, you can keep your valuables looking new for many years.
Different Types Of Silvers
There are many different types of silvers on the market today.
- The most popular type of semi-precious metal jewelry is sterling silver, which is made of 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper. It is a strong, durable metal perfect for everyday wear.
- Other types include fine silver, 99.9% silver, and plated jewelry, with a thin layer of silver metal on top of the base metal.
How To Care For Your Jewelry?
- The first step in taking care of your silver jewelry is to prevent it from tarnishing in the first place. Tarnish is a dark discoloration that can occur on the metal when exposed to oxygen and moisture. To prevent tarnish from occurring, it’s important to keep your ornaments stored in a cool, dry place.
- If your jewelry does start to tarnish, there are a few simple ways to clean it. You can purchase a polishing cloth at most jewelry stores or use a mild soap and water solution. Buff away the tarnish with the polishing cloth or soap and water solution until the ornament shines again.
- Besides cleaning your silvers regularly, it’s also important to avoid wearing them in water. Water can cause a tarnish more quickly, so it’s best to take your ornaments off before swimming or showering.
How To Store Your Silver Jewelry?
- The best way to store semi-precious metal jewelry is in a cool, dry place. This will prevent tarnish from occurring.
- If you don’t have a cool, dry place to store your precious ornaments, you can purchase anti-tarnish strips at most semi-precious metal stores. These strips help to prevent tarnish by absorbing moisture in the air.
- When traveling, it’s best to store your valuables in a zip-lock bag. This will help to keep it from getting tangled or damaged.
Silver Jewelry Repair
A few repair options are available if your ornaments or other semi-precious metal stuff becomes damaged.
- The first option is to take it to a professional jeweler. They can fix most types of damage, including broken chains and bent clasps.
- If the damage is minor, you may be able to fix it yourself. For example, you can purchase a replacement chain at most ornaments stores if you have a broken chain.
- If the damage is major, you may need to have the piece melted down and start from scratch. This is a more expensive option, but it may be the only way to fix some types of damage.
Caring For Your Silver Jewelry Is An Ongoing Process.
While taking care of your ornaments is easy, it’s important to remember that it’s an ongoing process. Tarnish can occur at any time, so it’s important to check your stuff regularly for signs of damage.
Taking care of your valuables and storing them properly will last a lifetime. So don’t be afraid to invest in some beautiful pieces – with a little care, they’ll last you a lifetime.
If you wish to know more about taking care of your ornaments, visit us at DWS, the best wholesale silver jewelry manufacturer.